Tab 2 Ownership Change Guide

When dealing with land and mineral rights, a change in ownership or owner status require updated title records. Owners should ensure they have the appropriate documentation, which is outlined below for each type of change in interest. Requirements may vary depending on the jurisdiction.

In addressing any ownership change situation, please note the following:

  • All payees are required to evidence a valid Social Security or Tax Identification number by IRS Form W9, or federal law requires tax withholding.
  • All documents related to a change of ownership must be filed of record in the county/parish where the property is located.
  • Laws of agency preclude us from providing forms for conveying real property interests. However, you may contact an attorney, Legal Aid Society or your local Bar Association for assistance in handling these matters.
  • Address changes cannot be handled by telephone. Complete the Change of Address form, located on the Important Forms page.
  • Retain your check detail for future reference.